This is what happens when your outfit of the day is a pair of cozy uggs, pj bottoms and boyfriend’s flannel and the boyfriend has left you for a business lunch meeting… as promised, snickerdoodle shortbread bars!
Think delicious buttery cookie sprinkled with equally delicious cinnamon sugar! And yes, it really took that much butter…
I love how shortbread cookies don’t contain any eggs!
I may be a heavy handed sprinkler :)
I highly recommend scoring this into bars pre-bake and do not use a sharp knife like a did! I ruined my pretty shiny bakeware :'(
Do you have any favorite shortbread cookies? I would love to try yours because I love shortbread!
Have a beautiful day! xoxo, kat
Snickerdoodle Shortbread Bars (via Land O’Lakes)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all shortbread ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed just until dough becomes crumbly. Use hands to form dough.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of lightly greased 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together all topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over shortbread. Prick dough all over with fork.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack; cut into bars while still warm.