Some of the best dishes come from those days where we just need to clear the fridge and pantry. In our pantry, we had lots of pasta, graham crackers, and a jar of marinara sauce. In the fridge that day, there wasn’t much….just a block of Parmesan cheese, spicy turkey sausage, and more cheese.
I can’t take all the credit, but we came up with spicy turkey sausage pasta for dinner! When you’re hungry and lazy, anything goes :)
There really aren’t any crazy ingredients, just any pasta of your choosing, a jar of red sauce, and of course, any sausage of your liking….oh! And don’t forget the cheese, lots of cheese!!!
However much you want or however less you want is absolutely up to you, just don’t forget the cheese!!
From start to finish, this took close to 30 minutes! Rachel Ray would of been proud :)
Spicy Turkey Sausage Penne
- Spicy turkey sausage
- Penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1) Remove the sausage links from their casings. Cook the sausage in a medium pan. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, pour marinara sauce over the sausage. Warm the sauce up for 5 minutes over medium heat.
2) In a large bowl, pour the meat sauce over the pasta. Stir to combine everything.
3) Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and/or mozzarella cheese.