The nights are chilly and all I want is hot meal in my belly! One of my favorite meals to make on a cold night is roasted chicken. I love roasting chicken with herbs and throwing in whatever I can find in the kitchen.
For this I threw the chicken in along with potatoes, shallots, lemon slices (from his parents’ lemon tree), and a couple sprigs of rosemary from our lovely rosemary plant.
1 hour in the oven and dinner is ready!
Hope you guys enjoy my simple take on roasted chicken. Wishing you a wonderful day!
Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
- 6-8 pieces of chicken thighs and legs, clean and pat dry
- potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 4 shallots (or onions), cut in thick slices
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- few sprigs of fresh rosemary, extra for garnish
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large baking dish, arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), potatoes, shallots, and lemon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, garlic cloves, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken and potatoes. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.