For meatless Mondays, this has been my go-to dish. It’s quick, easy, yummy, and very satisfying.
The heart and soul of this dish, is the garlic and butter. But feel free to add in whatever you want! Here I used Italian sausage-less sausages from Trader Joe’s. These are my absolute favorite!! I prefer these over the Tofurky brand.
What are you having for meatless Monday?
Garlic Butter Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Sausage-less Sausage
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced (use as much or as little as you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sausage-less sausage, cut in thin slices
- grape tomatoes
- a couple fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil spaghetti. Be sure to really salt the water and drizzle in some olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking. Cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pan, cook the sausage-less sauce over medium heat. Cook until both sides are slight browned. Set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once that has melted, add the minced garlic. Cook, stir constantly until the just begins to brown.
- Add pasta. Toss to ensure that all the noodles are coating in the garlic and butter mixture. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes (use as much or as little as you desire). Add in the sausage-less sausage, grape tomatoes, and basil. Cook until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Plate and serve with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.