Meatloaf. With a nice big thick slab of applewood smoked bacon wrapped around it. With creamy garlicy mashed potatoes on top. Thank you Pinterest!
For this over-the-top in your face creation, I combined my two favorite Food Network recipes; Paula’s old-fashion meatloaf and the Neely’s roasted garlic mashed potatoes and wrapped it all in bacon….mmmmm :)
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Cupcakes
For the meatloaf (via Paula Deen)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients well.
- Brush a cupcake pan with oil. Scoop meatloaf into the cupcake pan.
- Cover each meatloaf ball with bacon.
- Mix ingredients for topping and spread onto each meatloaf ball.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
For the roasted garlic mashed potatoes (via Patrick & Gina Neely):
- 1 head of garlic, top chopped off
- olive oil
- 2 pounds of potatoes, washed well and cut into quarters
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place a on baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove the cloves and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender and drain. Using a handheld mixer, cream potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat butter and cream until butter melts. Add the roasted garlic and potatoes and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When cool enough, put the mash potatoes in a piping bag and pipe on top of the meatloaf. Garnish with chives or green onions.