Here’s another wonderful 40 minute or less meal idea, chicken and veggie stir fry! The longest part to making this meal is waiting for the rice to cook. You can easily cut the wait time by omitting rice or using one of those microwaved rice packages.
The key to this dish is all in the no-marinade-marinade – just honey and soy sauce. That’s right! Just two simple easy to find ingredients.
You really don’t need to marinade the chicken for that long because the honey really sticks to it and everything just comes together and caramelizes beautifully in the pan.
And the veggies, do use colorful veggies. I found this pre-sliced stir-fry mix at my local Trader Joe’s. How convenient!
Once the chicken is almost cooked through, I threw in the veggies and topped it all off with some extra marinade I made. This marinade will be the sauce for the dish.
And you can’t forget the rice!
Sauté the veggies and the chicken. It should take about 10-15 mins. Be sure to mix it around so that they all get coated in that yummy sauce! I would say that it’s done when the sauce is thicker in consistency.
My new favorite! So easy and quick! And it’s what I made for dinner tonight! He loved it :)
Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry
1 chicken quarter, deboned, skinned, and cut into bite-sized chunks (or used chicken breast)
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons soy sauce
veggie stir-fry mix (or cut up veggies of your choice)
1) In a bowl, mix the chicken with 2 tablespoons each of the honey and soy sauce. Let it soak in the marinade for 5 minutes or put in fridge when ready to use.
2) In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken half-way.
3) In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and soy sauce.
4) When the chicken is almost cooked through, add the veggies. Pour the extra marinade over the veggies. Cook until the chicken and veggies are done. It’s done when the marinade has thickened into a sauce.
5) Serve straight from the pan! Don’t even wait for it to cool. Enjoy!