Roasted garlic butter is amazing on its own but when you add fresh herbs to the butter, it just takes it to a whole other level. I love making compound butters! I think it makes butter look fancy and did I mention extra yummy! :)
Good ‘ol butter! More the merrier, right?
When making roasted garlic butter, I highly recommend buying the big bulbs of garlic. I find that the smaller sized garlic bulbs make it harder to squeeze out the cloves later on. Anyhoo, slice of the top, drizzle with olive oil, s+p, then bake for 30 minutes in a 425° oven.
While that bakes, finely chop up some fresh flat-leaf parsley…
Oooh baby, roasted garlic! If you need a snack break and want to indulge, squeeze one the cloves and spread it over a piece of toasted crusty bread!
Combine everything into a bowl and stir, making sure that everything is mixed well.
Do you have any favorite butter recipes you would like share? Feel free to leave it in the comments below! :)
Hope your having a fantastic week! xoxo, kat
Roasted Garlic & Parsley Butter
- 1 head of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut top off garlic head. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper. Fold edges together to seal. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Squeeze cooked garlic into a medium bowl. Garlic will be soft and sticky. Add butter, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Use or refrigerate for later!