I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to pizzas. I use this board as an inspiration for future possible toppings for my pizzas lol. The idea for this pizza actually came from the genius behind TasteFood blog. I have been following her blog for quite a bit now, and I pretty much love everything she makes!
When I first spotted her pizza that had sweet peppers, salami, and basil, I knew I had to make it! I took the semi-homemade route and just made a quickie run to my local Trader Joe’s to pick up all the ingredients :).
PS, That’s our new basil plant! We go through them pretty quickly because we’re plant killers and in this extreme summer heat, it’s difficult keeping these beautiful plants alive! Do you have any suggestions or tips on growing basil?
My favorite new pizza dough!
I was so happy when I found the super sweet baby bell peppers! Just look at the colors! So happy and bright, perfect for a summer pizza!
And because I love garlic so much, I minced up a couple (couple, ie. 5 :) of cloves of garlic for the pizza.
My favorite part about making pizza at home is the assembling process!
Bake and eat!!
I have the worse willpower when it comes to letting food cool…if it weren’t for my boyfriend, I would of eaten that thing straight out of the oven!
What are some of your favorite pizza toppings to enjoy for the summertime?
Hope you’re having a wonderful day! xoxo, kat
Sweet Pepper, Salami, and Basil Pizza (inspired by TasteFood)
- 1 pizza dough
- couple spoonfuls of pizza sauce
- couple cloves of garlic, minced
- sweet baby bell peppers, thinly sliced
- handful of basil leaves, chiffonade (extra for garnish)
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh crack pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Grease baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch out pizza dough onto the baking sheet and brush on more olive oil.
- Spread a couple spoonfuls of pizza sauce over the dough making sure it’s just a thin layer, and disburse the minced garlic.
- Assemble pizza. Arrange salami, sweet peppers, and basil. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake until crust is golden and cheese has melted, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve and eat immediately!