Meet the faux Caesar.
Just as yummy as the original and equally delicious and sans anchovies! This has quite possibly become my new favorite citrus based salad dressing. It’s all lemony goodness, so if you love lemons then this is the dressing for you! And the croutons…OMG why didn’t I make an extra batch to munch on??!
This is such a great, quick, and easy way to make homemade croutons without touching the oven!
And look how crisp and golden they turned out just from a few minutes on a hot skillet!
Only 4 ingredients for the dressing…Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and fresh cracked black pepper! I omitted the Parmesan cheese to keep the extra unwanted calories at bay :)
Do you have any favorite salads for me to try? Feel free to link to it in the comments below :)
Hope you’re having a wonderful Wednesday!
Lemon Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons (via Spoon)
- 1 bag of Caesar salad mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- juice from half a lemon
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for croutons
to make croutons…
- To make the croutons, add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan and heat over a medium flame. Tear or chop the stale bread into inch pieces and toss into the pan.
- Toast until golden, tossing occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel, and toss lightly with salt. Store in an airtight container once cooled for future use.
to make dressing…
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, pressed garlic, lemon juice, and freshly cracked pepper.
- While stirring continuously, drizzle the olive oil in until the dressing is emulsified and is tasty, about 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
- Add more pepper, and a bit of salt if desired. Don’t worry if the dressing breaks (oil separates.) Simply whisk it back together and add a dash more mustard or lemon juice however, chances are no one will notice a broken dressing. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for future use.