I can’t believe it’s taken me a month to blog about these! I made the them the same week I first stumbled upon them in my Google Reader from Every Craving for date night! Not only are they too cute to eat, but they are a perfect treat for this summer’s upcoming heat wave.
My favorite part about these ice cream sandwiches is the funfetti cookie! You guys all know how much I love sprinkles!! And this is the perfect sugar cookie! If ice cream sandwiches aren’t your thing, definitely do please try making the funfetti cookies! I love how Chloe uses very simple, basic, and the most minimal ingredients to make these cookies!
As you can see, here’s all that’s needed to make funfetti cookie ice cream sandwiches!
The foundation of the sugar cookie! I love eating cookie dough! So good, yet so bad…why?? :)
Toss in lots of sprinkles!! I used star-shaped sprinkles, but any type of sprinkles will do. Incorporate and mix the dough and the sprinkles with your hands. The warmth of your hands helps the come together…
Roll into balls and bake!
KITCHEN TIP When it comes to baking cookies, I always bake a tiny test batch first just to figure out the appropriate cooking time because cooking times vary (due to ovens, the size of your cookies, etc.) and I like to use the suggested cooking time as a proxy. Example, when there’s a range like 10-15 mins, I’ll do 10 and then slowly add 5 mins or so until it’s cooked and has reached a nice golden color. And if you’re unsure if it’s fully cooked, just give a cookie to your boyfriend and he’ll eat it to let you know! My boyfriend loves his job as my personal cookie taste tester :)
Look at the sprinkles!!
For ice cream sandwiches, let the cookies cool. Then just before serving, scoop ice cream (that’s been slightly soften) onto the bottom of one cookie then top off with another cookie! And don’t forget to roll the outer edge of the cookie in sprinkles!
Hope you enjoy this yummy summer cold treat! And be sure to check out Chloe’s blog Every Craving for more delicious sweets and treats! I’m constantly pinning stuff from her blog to my Pinterest boards, so I’m sure you guys will love! :)
Funfetti Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Every Craving)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Two 1.75oz bottles of rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients a little at a time until it forms into a stiff cookie dough mixture.
- Pour in 3/4 of the bottle of sprinkles and work it into the dough with your hands until the dough is very colorful.
- Spoon the mixture with a small ice cream scooper (about a tablespoon) onto a lightly greased baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the ice cream soften slightly. In a bowl, stir in the desired about of sprinkles then set in the fridge to harden again. Spread in between two cookies and enjoy!
- speaking of funfetti… (shecooksandheeats.wordpress.com)