UPDATE: These are still so soft and good the day after :)
My first attempt at blondies!
What are blondies? I’m not quite sure… Word on the interwebs is that they are blonde brownies sans chocolate. I don’t think these in particular taste like a brownie, but more like a cookie!! These chocolate chip blondies are very chewy, moist, and soft! What I love about these is that they are very easy to prepare (only one bowl!) and takes 20 minutes, which means straight from bowl to oven to my belly! :)
The only thing I would do differently next time is to double the recipe because they weren’t as thick as I expected (and I did use a small pan). Note: in the above and below pic, I stacked two blondies together to get the desired thickness I wanted for photo purposes but they are half the thickness in person…
Hello one gigantic cookie!! I think these taste the best at room temp.
Do you guys know what exactly blondies are?
Chocolate Chip Blondies (via Simply Recipes)
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.