Now that we’re officially experiencing the warm mid-Spring weather, I think a fresh, light, and healthy….err- healthier (ahem, gotta prep for pre-bikini season! :) lunch is in order!
Since it is Spring and there’s tons of fresh produce available at the grocery store, I wanted to make a pizza that wouldn’t put me in a food induced coma. Soooo, produce of choice: bright red cherry tomatoes!
What are your favorite toppings for a Spring themed pizza?
Cherry Tomato Pizza
- one package of rosemary focaccia pizza dough
- 4-5 spoonfuls of pasta sauce (optional)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan-reggiano, grated
- red pepper flakes, light sprinkle
- pink himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a pan with olive oil. Work dough onto the pan. Lightly coat both sides of the dough with olive oil. Using a fork, prick holes all over the dough. Season with salt. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, coat the pizza with a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce. Spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Place sliced cherry tomatoes all over the pizza. Add more mozzarella cheese and grate some parmesan-reggiano. Sprinkle red pepper flakes all over and season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
10 thoughts on “Cherry Tomato Pizza”
This looks delish! I’m so jealous you get to cook “real” lunches… since I work all day, even dinners have to be quick and easy. I lovvvvve pizza and I love thinly-sliced potatoes or zucchni for springy-toppings!
oooh potatoes on pizza??! this i will have to try! i wonder how it’ll taste lol
it sounds weird but it is soooo good!
i’m gonna sound like a total loser for asking this, but do the potatoes crisp up and taste like french frys?
no, not really… when they’re thinly sliced, as they cook on the pizza they become more of a mashed-potato creamy topping. it’s hard to explain — delicious! although, why not put french fries on a pizza! :)
hahah i’m actually making french fries right now!
I like asparagus on my pizza’s for a springy feel. Your pizza looks oh so yummy!
aww thanks! ooh asparagus, how come i never come up with awesome toppings like that?! sigh, i’m adding that to my list!
Ohh that looks delicious, I love tomatoes and pizza, and especially tomatoes on pizza! :P MUST MAKE THIS. I’ve decided I’m just going to make everything you post – so far I’ve had excellent luck :D Thanks Kat!
Me too!! I’m so happy you like it! If you do make, tell me!!!! You are so so soooo sweet Latoya! :) oh ps, I want every beauty product you mention!