I just love the combination of hot and sweet! If you have a love affair with Sriracha sauce than these wings were made for you!
Making the marinade for the wings requires very little ingredients…just melted butter, soy sauce, maple syrup (can substitute with honey) and of course, Sriracha sauce! Make sure you taste along the way! Adjust the sauce to your tastes and tolerance for spice. If the sauce is too spicy, add in a few teaspoons of brown sugar and more maple syrup.
Trust me on this, it’s pretty good already. But if you want you can always leave the wings in the marinade for an hour or until you’re ready to bake them.
Bake the wings in a 425°F oven for 30-35 minutes.
Be sure to flip the wings at the halfway point…
To give the wings more color, leave the wings in the oven for a little bit longer, about 10 minutes. For the baked parmesan garlic chicken wings, toss the wings in the cheese mixture which consists of fresh basil, parmesan cheese, Lawry’s and a little olive oil. This coating is what makes these wings so savory!
This pretty much sums up our date night!
What’s on your menu plan for date night this week? Still working on mine!
Hot + Sweet Sriracha Wings (adapted from heather’s dish)
serving: 10-15 wings
- chicken wings
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons organic maple syrup (can substitute with honey; add more if sauce is too spicy)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- a few tablespoons of brown sugar (optional, add if sauce is too spicy)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Wash and clean the wings. Pat dry. Season wings with salt and pepper.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl. Coat the wings in the sriracha sauce. Marinating the wings is optional.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven. Flip during the halfway point. Can bake a little bit longer (10 minutes) for darker color and crispier texture.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Wings (original post here):
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chiffonade)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash and clean the chicken wings. Pat the wings dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, oregano, rosemary, cumin, salt and pepper. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and coat the wings in the mixture.
- Bake the wings for 20-25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, fresh basil, parmesan cheese and Lawry’s.
- When the wings are done cooking, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/olive oil mixture.
- Plate and serve.