I made this for lunch! My boyfriend had a huge craving for pizza, and being an awesome girlfriend (hehe, I kid… ahem I think this is your queue boyfriend :), I made him pizza! It took absolutely zero prep work and only 8 minutes in the oven. It’s a healthier version of one my boyfriend’s favorite foods. Using fresher and better ingredients, I was able to come up with a delicious resolution-approved lunch for two.
Prepare for yummy goodness…
Spritz the naan with some olive oil and broil in the oven for a few minutes, just until it’s slightly crisp (about 4 minutes) or feel free to skip this step!
KITCHEN TIP: No olive oil spritzer? Pour a few drops of olive oil on the bread and rub, spreading the olive oil evenly.
When done broiling, slaughter on your favorite pasta sauce (I opted for chunky vegetable) and layer with your favorite Italian meats and cheeses. Then season with some freshly ground black pepper and dried oregano.
For my pizza, I recommend not baking with the fresh basil leaves on top because they will wilt and dry up in the oven. For my boyfriend’s, he loaded that baby up with tons of meat and two types of cheeses…a very manly man pizza :)
Bake in a 400°F oven for 8 or until cheese is melted. For a deeper golden crust, bake for about 10 minutes. In about 8-10 minutes later, you can feel guilt-free eating this healthier and equally delicious version of your favorite pizza!
How easy was that?! This is now my new favorite way to make pizza! I love that it takes no effort on my part, yet it still tastes amazing (like I put in the extra bit of effort, hehe). I call it semi-homemade love!
In the past, I’ve used a french loaf to make quickie pizzas but the results definitely do not compare to this. Naan is awesome! I can’t believe it took me 20-something-years to try this! So sad really…another other types of breads that you recommend for quickie pizzas?
Next time, I’m definitely going to toss on a few veggies (for me at least, more meats for the boyfriend :). What would you add? And what’s on your lunch menu today?
Have a beautiful day!
Italian Meats with Basil Garlic Naan Pizza
serving size: 1 piece of naan per person
- garlic tandoori naan
- chunky vegetable pasta sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- a variety of Italian meats and cheeses
- fresh basil for garnish
- dried oregano, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spritz the naan with olive oil on one side. Put in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes (3-4 minutes). Then preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce over the naan, sprinkle some cheese, and layer some of your favorite Italian meats. Top with more cheese, and season with some freshly ground pepper and dried oregano.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and you’ve achieved your desired level of browness for the crust.