One of my favorite types of holiday parties to throw is a White Elephant party. This type of party is extremely funbecause it’s our modern day version of a fun gag gift exchange.
A white elephant party starts off like this…
- Each participant brings one wrapped gift (set a moderate price range of $10-$15).
- Next, each person draws a number from a bowl. The number that you get dictates the order in which you pick out your gift.
- Whoever picked number one goes first. He/she gets to pick any present from the pile and unwraps it.
- Then the number two person has the option to either open a wrapped gift or “steal” a previously opened gift (in this case, number one’s gift). If a person has their gift stolen, then he/she has the option to choose a wrapped gift or steal an unwrapped gift. When a wrapped gift is opened, the turn ends.
- When everyone has gone, the participant that drew the first number, has the option to go again and choose from all the opened gifts (ie. steal). When all gifts have been unwrapped, the game ends.
- You also have the choice to swap gifts with another player!
Sounds like a fun party game, right? The best part about a white elephant party is that you never know what kind of silly gift you’re going to end up with!
Here are some great gag gifts for your next white elephant party…
Emergency Clown Nose ($5, purchase here):
Like & Dislike Stamps ($16, purchase here):
The Hungover Cookbook ($11, purchase here):
T-Shirt Graffiti Maker Kit ($10, purchase here):
Grow Your Own Coffee ($9.99, purchase here):
Hammer Bottle Opener ($4.50, purchase here):
Fork-Knife Chopsticks ($10, purchase here):
Eye Glasses Holder ($18, purchase here):
Forever Lazy ($49.99, purchase here):
What’s the best gag gift you’ve ever received and given? Any other gift ideas that you think would be perfect for a white elephant party?