Remember my lazy day? It felt so good eating pizza! I agree with you guys, it’s okay to have a day off and just indulge in guilty foods!
Originally, I was planning on making one of those easy-peasy 5-minute mug microwave concoctions since I bought a quart of milk and a bag of chocolate chips at the grocery store, AND…well, I’m a girl and I have major chocolate cravings at least once a month (you know what I’m talking about ladies :). Plus, I’ve been seeing people pinning and repinning these recipes on Pinterest a lot lately!
Sigh…I don’t know what happened, but I just had to make chocolate chip cookies. After stuffing my face with pizza, I spent half an hour googling recipes for chocolate chip cookies. I googled A LOT searching for the ultimate perfect chocolate chip cookie. My searches ranged from the Neiman Marcus cookie, NY Times chocolate chip cookie, cookies from All Recipes, and of course Food Network.
Half an hour later + a whole lot of frustration, I settled on a chocolate chip recipe from BETTY CROCKER! Yes, Betty Crocker haha! Don’t judge me!! I already got the head-turn from my boyfriend. He laughed at me for wasting half an hour on the internet for a Betty Crocker recipe. Lol, I’m a very indecivisive person okay :)
These Betty Crocker cookies were soooo goooood!! Nice crisp edges and so soft and chewy in the middle…hmmm perfection! These were the BEST batch of chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made, just ask my boyfriend! He woke up from a pizza induced coma to a nice big plate of warm chocolate chip cookies. What a lucky boyfriend, right? So do I get an award for being an awesome girlfriend? Hehe :)
It feels like such a crime writing Betty Crocker’s recipe, so please check it out here for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies. But if you’re lazy like me, check it out below!
Betty Crocker’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies (courtesy of Betty Crocker)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped nuts (omitted)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix sugars, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (optional).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly then transfer onto a wire rack to continue cooling.
ps. sorry for the blurry cell phone pics…I guess my phone got all dusty from the baking :)