Remember National Nachos Day? Remember those drool-worthy pics of nachos I put up? Remember me telling everyone and anyone that would listen about how much I wanted nachos thereafter?
Well, those layered baked buffalo chicken nachos were on my mind all weekend long and for the most part of the week! I finally had the chance to “assemble” them during the week, and it was incredibly yummy! It was very simple, extremely quick, and a boyfriend-approved dish! :)
Check out my instructables on how to assemble your very own casserole sized dish of buffalo chicken nachos!
Some pre-assembling requirements…. :)
Now that everything’s ready, assembling is the fun part! Feel free to put it together in any fashion of your choosing…
Bake in a 450° oven for 10 minutes or until it’s nice and golden brown.
Clearly, you can tell that I made more than enough to feed a party of ten, not a couple of two :)
Hope you all enjoy and get to try this out!
ps. Sorry, only guesstimates! It’s not fun if there are exact measurements…Feel free to add/subtract ingredients! I want to add bacon to this next time! :)
Layered Baked Louisiana Style Chicken Nachos (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
- tortilla chips
- shredded chicken
- cheese (used mexican blend)
- Louisiana style hot sauce (or buffalo wing sauce)
- scallions, chopped
- avocado, chopped into cubes
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a bowl, coat the shredded chicken with the hot sauce. Use however much you desire.
- In a baking dish, add a layer of tortilla chips, then add the chicken, drizzle a little more hot sauce (optional), sprinkle cheese, top with avocados and scallions. Repeat. Garnish with avocado and scallions.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.