Is this not a genius idea for when you have extra pasta noodles from the night before?
It’s just so perfect for me! I’m always craving noodles, eggs, and bacon, so why not eat it all during breakfast?! This is also great when you have more breakfast ingredients than dinner ingredients in your fridge! Oh my, I can go on and on about this! I think I should just go raid my fridge and see what I have :)
Hope everyone is off to a great morning (or afternoon/night)!
UPDATE: so I go down to the kitchen for a pantry/fridge raid and nothing! so yeah, I ate a leftover porkchop for breakfast… :)
Breakfast Pasta (recipe via spoon fork bacon)
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb baby new potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot, filled with water, over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil, drop the pasta in along with a small handful of salt (about 3 tablespoons).
- Cook the pasta for 7 to 9 minutes or until al dente, stirring frequently.
- Drain the pasta, toss with a small amount of oil and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add the onion, bell peppers and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté the mixture for 6 to 8 minutes or until the onions and peppers have softened and the potatoes become fork tender.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the stove over medium heat and add the tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the beaten eggs to the pan and gently scramble for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir. The mixture should still be a partially runny.
- Add the linguine and potato mixture to the pan and toss together until everything is fully combined and the eggs have cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the pasta and serve hot.