As promised, here’s my recipe for Crispy Fish from last Friday’s favorites! For crispy fish, you only need seven ingredients, and most likely you have them right in your kitchen already. This is a no-recipe recipe! It’s more of an “add more as needed” type of recipe. Since this is a basic fried fish recipe, it’s also goof-proof!
After my first horrific incident with making chicken katsu, I shied away from any recipes that require frying of any kind! The thought of hot oil popping and splattering all over face makes me worry, so my boyfriend usually takes over frying duties because he’s manly like that. Anyways, I don’t know what came over me last week but I took over frying duties! In fact, I told him to “shoo” hehe. He came back surprised and proud :)
My first solo frying experience went great! In fact, the whole meal turned out great! The fish was so crispy and crunchy on the outside, and soft and flakey on the inside.
Oh ladies, this is the dish to make for your man!!! My crispy fish is now one of my boyfriend’s top fave meals that I make him! He loved it so much that he had seconds way before I even finished my first! It makes me very happy seeing him get seconds :)
Hope you guys enjoy this quick and easy idea for DIY date night! What are your date night ideas for this week? Ugh…that reminds me, I don’t have a clue as to what I’m going to make for this week! Any suggestions for me?
Kat’s Crispy Fish
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Season both sides with Lawry’s and fresh ground pepper.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl for the egg mixture. Pour flour on one plate. On another plate, mix panko with Lawry’s and pepper for the coating mixture.
- Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture, and finally coated the fish in the panko mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Fry each side for 3-4 minutes. If you fish is on the thick side, add a few extra minutes for each side.
- When done frying, place fish on a plate lined with paper towels.