Remember awhile back I posted a list of my current fave sweets that I wanted to try. Banana split bites received the most votes but chocolate thumbprint cookies came in a very close second. And well, this girl cannot resist chocolate and I just had to make!
Let’s just say that these chocolate thumbprint cookies did not disappoint! They were soft, decadent, rich, and chocolatey in every way imaginable. In fact, I don’t even want to call these delicious treats “cookies” because they are so cakey and moist! I want to call them “sprinkled chocolate thumbprint mini cakes”! Ok, ok…it’s just a working title for now.
Anyways, all you’ll need to make these chocolate thumbprint cookies are butter, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, one egg, vanilla, flour, sprinkles, and milk chocolate kisses! Sounds simple enough, right?
Here’s what you’ll need to do to make your own chocolate thumbprint cookies:
First preheat the oven to 375° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then gather a large mixing bowl, and…
Then proceed to…
Beat until combined, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Once that’s combined…
By now, the dough should be at ball-rolling consistency. If it is not, put in the fridge for a few minutes for the dough to firm up a bit. Once the dough is easily handled…
On a plate of sprinkles…
Place the sprinkles coated balls on the cookie sheet…
With your favorite thumb…
Pop those cookies in the oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the edges are firm. It’s okay if appears under-cooked, but really they are cooked after 8 minutes. Trust me, I did the mistake of baking my first batch four minutes longer and the cookies turned out a bit well-done.
While you’re waiting, gather the milk chocolate kisses and…
Once the cookies are done and out of the oven…
To get the best eating experience only wait maybe 10 minutes and immediately bite into one of these cookies! They taste best when their still warm because at first bite, the milk chocolate kiss just melts in your mouth! Such a rich and amazing experience for your taste buds, I promise! :)
Hope I didn’t disappoint you guys in making chocolate thumbprint cookies! :)
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies (from The Curvy Carrot)
serving approximately 12 cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate and/or multicolored sprinkles
- 1 small bag of milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scrapping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the flour.
- Your dough should be at ball-rolling consistency at this point. If it’s not, let it chill in the refrigerator for a while to firm up a little.
- Once easily handled, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in sprinkles to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on your lined cookie sheets, and, using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.