You know you are from Southern California if you refer to Tuesdays as Taco Tuesdays, and you are just as excited and giddy like Fridays!
On the rare occasions when he cooks (because I’m such a kitchen hog), she wants to eat tacos! It’s the food I request the most, aside from cheesy eggs of course! Now I may sound a bit biased, but he cooks the best tacos ever!! Why I think his tacos are better than any old taco from any old local taco joint, you ask? Well, lets see… (1) there’s no skimpage of meat whatsoever; (2) it’s real meat and not that rumored faux meat that some fast food chains unfortunately serve; (3) it’s quick; and (4) it’s served with homemade OG salsa (also known as Fired Tomato and Chile Salsa — check back soon for the recipe!).
Can you guess how many he cooks, and she eats? Stay tuned for answers at the end!
Let’s get started! First season the steaks to your liking and cook until well-done…
Next, transfer them to a cutting board…
While you wait for the steaks to cool, start heating those corn tortillas…
After the tortillas are all heated and you have cubes of steak, it’s chow time!
Hope everyone enjoys this simple take on Taco Tuesdays! And if steak isn’t your meat of choice, don’t fret! It can always be substituted with chicken, tofurkey, or ground beef/turkey.
ANSWER: He cooks 9, she eats 3 :)
- 2 pounds of thin-sliced sirloin tip steak (or flap meat)
- Corn tortillas
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- For taco toppings: diced onions, Mexican blend cheese, and lemon wedges, OG salsa (recipe coming soon!)
- Season the steaks with Lawry’s, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the steak till well-done.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let them cool. When it’s cool enough, cut the steaks into cubes,
- Serve on a platter.
- Assemble tacos.
- Nap. (don’t worry, this step is optional!)
- Repeat 6 and 7.
© 2011 – shecooksandheeats.wordpress.com