Lemon Ginger ChickenPosted: May 29, 2012 | |
I love when I stumble upon recipes featuring ingredients like lemon, ginger, honey, and garlic because I love those types of flavors! So you bet I was super excited when I found this recipe for Lemon Ginger Chicken from Snixy Kitchen!
Continue reading for the full recipe and step-by-step pics…
All you need are lemons and fresh ginger!
Just a couple of minutes of zesting and grating…
I couldn’t find skin-on chicken thighs at my Trader Joe’s so I improvised with the next best thing!
Marinade the chicken with the lemon juices…
Then top with the lemon-ginger mix! I really piled it on thick for maximum flavor!
Bake and about 40 minutes, delicious chicken!
This concludes the end of my three-part date night series! Til the next date night, xoxo.
PS. Dear Snixy Kitchen, I loved this sooooo much! Thanks for a keeper! xoxo
Lemon Ginger Chicken (via Snixy Kitchen)
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (or 6 drumsticks)
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of two lemons
- inch of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Marinate the chicken skin side up in the lemon juice for about 10 minutes (no longer or your chicken will get soggy).
- Mash together the zest, salt, pepper, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Transfer the chicken to a parchment-lined baking pan, skin side up.
- Divide the zest and ginger mixture among the four thighs, patting it onto the skin side only.
- Roast the chicken for 35-45 minutes, until a meat thermometer stuck in the thickest part reads 165ºF.