Cherry Tomato PizzaPosted: April 24, 2012 | |
Now that we’re officially experiencing the warm mid-Spring weather, I think a fresh, light, and healthy….err- healthier (ahem, gotta prep for pre-bikini season! :) lunch is in order!
Since it is Spring and there’s tons of fresh produce available at the grocery store, I wanted to make a pizza that wouldn’t put me in a food induced coma. Soooo, produce of choice: bright red cherry tomatoes!
What are your favorite toppings for a Spring themed pizza?
Cherry Tomato Pizza
- one package of rosemary focaccia pizza dough
- 4-5 spoonfuls of pasta sauce (optional)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan-reggiano, grated
- red pepper flakes, light sprinkle
- pink himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a pan with olive oil. Work dough onto the pan. Lightly coat both sides of the dough with olive oil. Using a fork, prick holes all over the dough. Season with salt. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, coat the pizza with a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce. Spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Place sliced cherry tomatoes all over the pizza. Add more mozzarella cheese and grate some parmesan-reggiano. Sprinkle red pepper flakes all over and season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.