baked salmon à la mon amiPosted: February 23, 2012 | |
My boyfriend, the chef, hehe. Another she eats, he cooks moment :)
This is such a lovely quick and easy idea for a lazy date night meal!
Fish bones scare the bejesus out of me because I always end up choking lol. Therefore, salmon is my favorite fish to eat because it usually comes filleted and boneless (which is key :).
Baked salmon is so delicious and super easy to prepare!! All you have to do is rub both sides of the fish with a little olive oil, season the top (skinless) side with s+p, any of your favorite herbs (he used dried rosemary and a little bit of dried oregano) and slather some super yummy roasted garlic/basil herb butter. How easy!
Bake in a 400°F oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon filet.
Very easy peasy and extremley super yummy! I know officially heart lazy date nights if it means that he’s going to be making more salmon dishes like this for me :)
How do you like to prepare your baked salmon?
Baked Salmon à la Mon Ami (Basic Baked Salmon)
- roasted garlic herb compound butter (or butter)
- olive oil
- dried herbs (oregano, rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the filet of salmon with cold water and pat the salmon dry.
- Rub both sides of the salmon with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and any dried herbs according to your taste preferences.
- Coat the top of the salmon with a compound butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Serve immediately.