Paula Deen’s Zesty Roasted Garlic BreadPosted: December 6, 2011 | |
I’ve definitely come a long way since my first attempt at making garlic bread. For those that think that you can’t mess up garlic bread, I did… it was that horrible. In my defense, I still blame it on the bread! :)
My second try at garlic bread was pretty good, but I thought it was tooooo buttery tasting and not enough garlic, sigh… Well, Paula Deen to the rescue!!! This Paula Deen recipe is now my new go-to garlic bread recipe. The fact that there’s roasted garlic involved, it makes it a million times better! I think next time, I should throw in another head of garlic! I LOVE garlic! Too much?? :)
This is a pretty easy peasy recipe but it takes a bit more time and effort to make, but it tastes soooo good! Trust me!
Check it out below…
Before you start anything, pre-heat the oven to 425°. I have a tendency to always forget midway…
While the garlic is roasting in the oven, make the butter spread mixture…
I opted to only use half a loaf of bread. As much as I love eating garlic bread, I believe freshly made garlic bread tastes the best the day of…
It came out perfect and so delicious! A certain unnamed someone loved this and practically ate almost all the pieces of bread you see on that plate! Hehe. I plan on making this more often, but only as a guilty treat snack! :)
Hope you all get to try Paula’s recipe soon! What’s your favorite garlic bread recipe? Anything different that you do to spruce it up? Please do share, I would love to know!
Oh ps, if you have extra garlic butter spread leftover, put it in a Tupperware container or try making it into butter shape form and wrapping it in plastic wrap. Either way, I’m excited I have extra garlic butter spread! Imagine all the yummy things I can make with it! :)
Paula Deen’s Zesty Roasted Garlic Bread (via Paula Deen)
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons, minced parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf bread, split horizontally
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut top off garlic head. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper. Fold edges together to seal. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Squeeze cooked garlic into a medium bowl. Garlic will be soft and sticky. Add butter, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Spread cut halves of bread evenly with garlic butter mixture. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, with oven door partially opened, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until butter melts and bread is toasted.
- Cut into slices to serve.